MATERIALS: • Wood birdhouse ornament • Craft Paint (your color choice) • Painter’s Pal “Stay Wet” acrylic paper (you can also use a sheet of wax paper) • Small Mixed Craft Shells by U.S. Shell Inc., (I used the small button and nerite shells) • Aleene’s Fast Grab Tacky Glue • Scrapbooking paper (I chose patterns that reminded me of roofing shingles or tiles) • Acrylic Matte Medium (for decoupaging roof) • Small Paintbrush • Ruler • Toothpicks • Scissors
1. Paint your birdhouse using color of your choice. Let Dry. Paint a second coat if needed.
2. Measure roof on both sides of the peak/middle and cut paper to fit. Fold Paper in half. Cut small notch in paper middle for ornament hanger.
3. Apply glue to one side of bird house roof and smooth out the glue with a tooth pick.
4. Hold the middle fold of the paper on top of the roof, pull loop of hanger through paper, and adhere one side of the paper to the roof with glue.
5. Smooth over and press down. Repeat other side. Let dry thoroughly.
6. Paint over roof paper with Acrylic Matte Medium. Let Dry. Give it a second coat. Let Dry.
7. Sort your small shells into matching groups.
8. Place house on it’s back side and apply glue to small sections of roof line, base of house, or front. Place shells into glue carefully. Let dry. Apply more glue - then shells.
*Bubble wrap or a towel makes a good soft support while appling shells to house.
OPTIONS: Apply small scrapbooking images or sticky foam sea creatures.